Our church practices congregational rule served by elder leadership. The elder body is comprised of 7 elders: the pastor who serves as chief elder and six laymen, elected by the church. Elders are elected to serve a 6-year term with the terms staggered so that only one man rotates off each year.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing vision and direction while exercising watchcare over the church.
- Providing spiritual guidance, teaching, and the equipping of members for the work of ministry.
- Providing leadership and counsel from the Scripture and demonstrating consistent study and teaching of the Scripture.
- Exercising pastoral care over the congregation.
- Providing the pastor with accountability, guidance, and support.
- Providing direction, through the pastor, for all employed staff of the church.
- Developing and maintaining, through the pastor and staff, all bylaws and policies of the church.
Position Statements by the Elders
Current Elder Council
Rev. Tim Rowan, Philip Gunn, Dan Modisett, Glen Holmes, Bill Jones, Dr. Ivan Parke