Episode 46: Creatively Continuing Church
The time has finally arrived and we are eager to welcome our church family back to campus in the next couple of weeks. Today, Michael shares with us what we can expect and encourages us with a reminder that God will always hold us fast.
Guest Spot Highlight | Michael Cole, Associate Pastor of Music and Worship
- Family doing well. Daughters have transitioned from online school to summer. Lots of free time on hands. Makayla had planned to do summer mission work but now teaching English remotely to a school in Mexico.
- Wife Suzanne is a nurse. Every week different. Hospitals testing all personnel so doing that for a couple weeks. But working and that’s nice.
- Tim: We are opening up and having church on campus soon – June 7th. Also, the first day with our new new worship associate.
- Michael: Merritt Blackwell is our new worship associate. Big task is Crossroads Worship leader. Joining staff. Extremely recent graduate of William Carey with a degree in worship leadership. MS born and raised. Father a minister of music. Sharp guy.
- Tim: When doing worship, we will have three identical services. What does that mean for music?
- Michael: Continuing what we’ve been doing. Goal has been to represent both services. Merritt will lead along with me as we select songs and try to incorporate both.
- Tim: Can’t wait to be in the room! What else do we need to know about the worship service?
- Michael: Things will be different. Services shorter. Allows for proper cleaning between services.
- Tim: Could use help to get room turned around. If you are good with serving as a greeter, usher, or sanitizer between services, please let Amber know.
- Tim: We have a video to show what things will be like the first Sunday.
Video Presentation Highlights
Create a safe place to worship. Focus on Christ.
All parking lots will be open.
Some entrances closed.
South Entrance: Main doors to Commons and doors to children’s area open.
North Entrance: Doors nearest church offices open.
Greeters will be stationed around campus to direct you to open doors.
Signs will indicate doors not in use.
Hand sanitizer stations will be located at each entrance.
Practice touchless greetings.
Face masks not required, however, you are invited to bring your own.
Masks will be available.
Worship Center Seating: Households should maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
Seats marked with green and red markers.
Ushers will escort you to seats that match the size of your household.
Please sit in seats with green markings. Refrain from seats with red markings.
All commonly touches services will be cleaned and sanitized between services.
Restrooms cleaned and disinfected thoroughly and frequently.
No childcare or children’s activities for now. Children welcome to sit with their family.
Three identical worship services: 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
No other on campus activities at this time.
If you are exhibiting any of these symptoms or in contact with someone who is sick or fall in the CDC’s High Risk Individuals, you are invited to remain at home and join us online.
9:00 AM worship service will be streamed live on Facebook and YouTube.
Doing all this to minimize risk of transmission and for peace of mind so you can focus on Christ.
- Tim: A lot different. But not like this forever. Be patient. Making an environment to help people feel more confident.
- Michael: Eager to get together. Trying to do safely.
- Tim: Please stay home if you are sick or feel sick or showing symptoms.
Devotional | Michael Cole
- Hebrews 10:23
- He who promised is faithful.
- World is changing faster and faster. Things we thought we could count on, we can no longer count on. Things we thought certain, we’ve found out are not certain.
- Things will change – people, circumstances, government etc. God does not change.
- Hold to this truth. What He promises, we can count on.
Prayer | Michael
- Worship resumes in person June 7th | 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM , 5:00 PM
- Like. Share. Subscribe.
- We Love Our Family
Host & Guests
Podcast published weekdays at 2 PM