Our church practices congregational rule served by elder leadership. The elder body is comprised of 7 elders: the pastor who serves as chief elder and six laymen, elected by the church. Elders are elected to serve a 6-year term with the terms staggered so that only one man rotates off each year.
Responsibilities of Elders
- Providing vision and direction while exercising watchcare over the church.
- Providing spiritual guidance, teaching, and the equipping of members for the work of ministry.
- Providing leadership and counsel from the Scripture and demonstrating consistent study and teaching of the Scripture.
- Exercising pastoral care over the congregation.
- Providing the pastor with accountability, guidance, and support.
- Providing direction, through the pastor, for all employed staff of the church.
- Developing and maintaining, through the pastor and staff, all bylaws and policies of the church.