Episode 14: Encountering Everyday Encouragement
A sense of community is important and can help us all feel connected. Today, Clay Mansell, owner of The Clinton Courier, shares with us how his family is doing and some of what’s going on in the life of our Clinton Community.
Guest Spot Highlight | Clay Mansell, Publisher The Clinton Courier
- Editor and Owner of The Clinton Courier. Owner of Mansell Media, a local advertising agency. Most famous, with his daughter and her friends, for owning Brick Street Pops in Old Towne.
- Family doing as good as can be expected. Wife Amanda working from home since spring break. Daughter AnnaBelle homeschooling right now. We also have a three old foster child, our tenth child to foster. He has been with them for two months. Came before Spring Break and got to go with them to Six Flags. Blending well. Kids adapt so quickly. All their foster children have clicked with AnnaBelle first. She’s the favorite!
- New hobbies are walking and golf cart riding around the neighborhood. Enjoyed their neighborhood bear hunt in Lake Ridge.
- Hopes all aspects of the media will be considered essential during this time. The Clinton Courier tries to focus on the good news. Feel the responsibility to share some Covid information. Mostly want to talk about kids on the honor roll, good citizens at Northside, which titles Ambassadors won this week, and happenings at CCA.
- Busier than normal at the paper especially with Easter approaching. Many churches figuring out their schedules, so working with churches to get information. Most churches still deciding what next week will look like. Trying hard to get out information and links.
- Tim: Life going on. Just in a different way.
- Enjoying the Jaret Holmes Life Group meeting together via Zoom. Going well. Talking and sharing prayer requests. Sharing news and what’s going on in each other’s life.
- The city and chamber have partnered to create the “Curb Side” list giving places to eat and get take out with people nervous to go to grocery. City responding well.
- Old Towne Activity: Caterpillar Hunt. Similar to the neighborhood bear hunt.
- The Depot: Scavenger Hunt list on their website. Things to find in Old Towne and do from your car.
Church Life Events
- Tyler and Jessica Entrekin’s new son, Jack Anthony.
- Celebrating with them. Came in the nick of time to have a March birthday.
- Don’t see an end yet to the shutdown.
Devotional | Psalm 20
- Encouraging passage for us all during this time.
Prayer | Tim Peabody
- Broadcasting throughout the shut-down. Join us everyday at 2:00 PM.
- We like for you to like, comment, and share.
- We love our family.
Host & Guests
Clay Mansell, Editor and Owner of The Clinton Courier
Podcast published weekdays at 2 PM