Episode 32: Cosme’s Calling
Pastor Cosme Arana brings a timely reminder for us about worry and anxiety during the coronavirus lockdown, and shares an update with us on Iglesia Hispana De Clinton.
Guest Spot Highlight | Cosme Arana, Pastor, Iglesia Hispana De Clinton
- Privilege to be here. Family doing well. We are all doing fine at home. Doing day by day. A lot of time at home. Spend time together. Gets tense every once in awhile, but that’s the natural plan.
- Grandson Timothy is busy with puzzles. Join in with him. Married to Eva. Son Andrew lives in Costa Rico and working in school translating and teaching. Doing well. Daughter Alanna.
- Church meets at Morrison Drive campus. Getting ready to celebrate 15 year church anniversary in July. Landed in Hazlehurst when arrived in MS, and Chris Goolsby recommended Clinton.
Tim: Went to Bible study at Arana’s home after Katrina. Earliest beginning of Iglesia Hispana De Clinton.
- Cosme: Church started in the Briars neighborhood.
- Update on Iglesia Hispana De Clinton: Virus has affected tremendously like everyone else. Unable to meet. Difficult to adjust early on. Getting into rhythm now. Able to meet via Zoom and simulcast. Preaching on Sundays from the chapel which shows on Facebook. Added music this past Sunday.
Community Spotlight | Donna Rush
- Sold cheesecakes to raise money for Jack Santos in Peru.
- Might make more if you call her.
- None has arrived at church office so we need to fix that.
- Also, Vicki Williams and Fonce McFadden brought cinnamon rolls and cake to staff.
Devotional | Cosme Arana
- Philippians 4
- Do not be anxious. We need to be anxious for nothing. Nothing. John MacArthur shares that when we worry we are in sin by doing it. Impacted my heart. In the times that we are in right now, something unexpected, it can be such an impact and make someone worry to the point of constant wondering.
- Jesus also told us in Matthew 6:25, “Do not be worried…” We know we know. It’s not worth it to be anxious and worried. When you worry so much, a lot of grays come, and it’s sometimes not age.
- Take everything in prayer.
Prayer | Tim Peabody
- Thank you for joining us.
- Sunday, 6:00 PM. RA Derby Race video to be broadcast on MHBC Elementary Facebook Group.
- We love our family.
Host & Guests
Cosme Arana, Pastor, Iglesia Hispana De Clinton
Podcast published weekdays at 2 PM