Episode 33: Loving Lenow Life
Staying busy during difficult times can get the creativity flowing and allow for some special family times. Evan Lenow shares with us an update on his family, his book (did you know he was a writer?), and his confidence in God’s perfect timing.
Guest Spot Highlight | Dr. Evan Lenow, M.C. Director of Church and Minister Relations
- Member of MHBC as an MC student. Spent a lot of time working as a professor of ethics at Southwestern Seminary in Fort Worth. Family “came home” to Clinton about a year ago, and Evan now works at Mississippi College.
- Director of Church and Minister Relations. Primary task is to build relationships with churches, pastors, youth pastors from both an alumni stand point and recruiting standpoint. Primarily in Mississippi but also beyond. MC is a MS Baptist University, and so we have all the MS Baptist churches around the state as part of our constituency because we receive cooperative program dollars from the state convention. Meeting with churches and pastors, preaching, and thanking churches for supporting MC for all these years.
- Family doing well. Everybody is healthy and getting along. Periodically they’d like to see people they are not related too. Being creative. Baking a lot, especially Elizabeth. Children: Elizabeth, 13; Laurel, 8; William,11; Molly, 15. Wife Melanie.
- Kids spend morning doing schoolwork: 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th grade. Spend a lot of time outside. Bike riding. Fishing. Creative with crafts such as coloring and painting. Oldest daughter making and selling bracelets to help Second harvest. Melanie has part time job with Veritas Press, a homeschool curriculum company, as a sales rep. Able to work daily.
- Working on a book project. 3 years in the making. Finally coming to completion. Ethics textbook. Ethics as Worship. College or entry level seminary ethics textbook. Co-authoring with former professor and PH.D. mentor Mark Liederbach who teaches at Southeastern Seminary in Wake Forest, NC. In final stages. No more original chapters to be written. Editing. 19,000 words in last two weeks as finishing up. Book process is long. Hope to be out late 2021.
- Other books people can find on Amazon by Evan. Two Bible studies for individuals or small groups: Biblically Correct and Biblically Sound. Ten to twelve week studies. Can order or see Evan.
- Connecting with church. Lots of time in front of screen on Wednesdays and Sundays. Children watching lessons and small groups on Zoom. Our Life Group with Jaret Holmes meeting on Sundays. Good time.
- Sad to walk across campus. No students. This is the best time to be on campus due to green grass and blooming flowers. Hammocks in trees. Don’t see people at all most days.
Devotional | Evan Lenow
- Jeremiah 32: 16 – 18
- Jerusalem under siege from Babylonians. God has told Jeremiah to buy a piece of land because He’s going to come back to it.
- Jeremiah not in a good situation. Babylonians going to overrun. Sitting thinking, “What’s going on?” God tells him to buy property. Jeremiah’s response is that God has made the heavens and earth. Nothing too difficult for Him to do. Even though situation look hopeless, God is in control.
- These are tough days. Never seen in our life time. What’s going to happen? God is still at work and in control. Going to work things out in His timing.
- Our response should be like Jeremiah’s: You made the heavens and the earth, and You can do anything so we shouldn’t worry.
Prayer | Evan Lenow
- Thank you, Dr. Evan Lenow.
- Like. Comment. Share. Subscribe.
- We love our family.
Host & Guests
Dr. Evan Lenow
Podcast published weekdays at 2 PM