Episode 45: Memorable Mullins
It’s always fun to celebrate one of our own, and today we are enjoying a visit from Kristen Mullins who has been named Teacher of the Year at Eastside. We not only get to hear an update on family and school, but a are blessed with a wonderful reminder to always offer grace to others.
Guest Spot Highlight | Kristen Mullins, Eastside Elementary Teacher of the Year
- Family doing good. Enjoying the slower pace. Son Jamie growing, lots of new vocabulary.
- Husband, Danny working. Pediatrician in Flowood. Busy. Seeing lots of patients wellness and sick. Seen several patients with coronavirus. Treated and recovered.
- Cleaning out the junk drawer that never gets cleaned out. Organizing. Built a shed.
- Love greeting at church.
- Tim: Opening June 7th. Can you help? Number of greeters and ushers we need higher than normal.
- Of course!
- Tim: What are the fringe benefits of being teacher of the year?
- You get a bag of goodies. Gift certificates. Coveted parking spot in the front of the building.
- Tim: Looking forward to seeing what fall looks like. What are you expecting or planning for?
- We have lots of different options. Maybe starting later. Maybe doing a half class one day and doing the other half the next day. Wearing masks. Social distancing. Going to look a lot different. Ready to get back and see the kids.
- Tim: We don’t know anything so don’t bank on our speculations. Thank you for what you do as a teacher and what Danny does as a doctor.
- Opening June 7
- Moving to one podcast episode a week beginning next week. Lots to do to get ready to live stream the service and staff busy prepping to open.
- Appreciate the prayers and positive comments about the podcast. Will continue one day a week for foreseeable future.
Devotional | Kristen Mullins
- Reading lots of books. Jamie loves sitting down and reading his little children’s Bible.
- Been reading a lot. John 1:16 “From His fullness, we have all received grace upon grace. “
- Lord continues to speak to my heart that we all need grace and need to continue to pour out that grace on others. Offer grace. Try to be a light.
- Is. 26:3 “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you because he trust in You.”
- With uncertainty and not being sure of what things will look like, in being steadfast, knowing the Lord will keep perfect peace because we are connected.
Prayer | Kristen Mullins
- Like. Share. Subscribe. Comment
- We Love Our Family.
Host & Guests
Podcast published weekdays at 2 PM