Episode 59: New Norm Now
Life doesn’t always go as planned, and we have to adjust. Teachers everywhere are adjusting daily, and Khadijah Nobles is no different. She shares today an update on her family and school, and encourages us that it’s exciting to return to church.
Guest Spot Highlight | Khadijah Nobles, 5th Grade Teacher Eastside
- Teach in Elementary Ministry and classes at the Baptist Healthplex.
- Family doing good with everything. Somewhat of an adjustment.
- In the past, I’ve been so busy, But since the pandemic, it has caused me to be able to slow down. More family time. More time going over the basic things such as school and other needs. Helping my children feel their way through.
- Husband, Kevin; Son, Kevin (4); Daughter, Khloe (12).
- For fun, we had a lot of picnics at home in the front room, walking, bike riding, going to the playground if empty. Doing more together instead of being in different rooms.
- School is completely different. Nothing like I’ve ever experienced in my twelve years of teaching. Never gone through a pandemic before. First time being a virtual teacher. First class is virtual and remainder of day children are in the room. When virtual, classroom is empty. Have to be flexible.
- With technology, when things go wrong, you wonder what you do. Can’t do “on the fly” when virtual. New norm for now.
- Sunday was our family’s first day back. Not hard because we missed it. Children were excited to go back. When out of routine, it can be hard to go back, but we were ready. Some normal nerves.
- Had to look at returning to church by looking at the fact that I am at school every day for eight hours around people. I can come to church and be around people for an hour. Did wait to see how the first month of school went, and now that it’s over, we are back.
- Barbara Driver, funeral Thursday.
- George Walters, hospital
- Heath Calhoun, hospital
- 2 Samuel 7:11 – 12
- Solomon but also Jesus. Covenant fulfilled in Christ.
- Encourages me to remember that God has established His throne. None of this surprises Him. God has a plan for His people, and we will get through this.
- In the end, we will look back to praise Him!
- Thank you for all you do for our community and church!
- Tim: What do people need to know if they want to attend your class? Khadijah: Class is Mondays at 6:30 at the Healthplex. Wear a mask coming in. Room big. Numbers low. Mask off during class. Zumba class.
- Thanks for joining us!
- We love our family!
Host & Guest
Podcast published weekly