Episode 71. Relevant Relationship Reaching Resonates
December is always a busy month in the life of our church. This year some things will look a bit different, but Church planting on college campuses is so needed, and Preston and Kristen Dabbs are doing just that. Serving with Resonate Church in Washington State, they are ministering to and training up college students and leaders. While ministry has taken a very creative turn during the pandemic, they are still going strong. Hear an update on all the happenings, along with a reminder that our lives, no matter where they are, is a part of God’s Plan.
Guest Spot Highlight | Preston and Kristen Dabbs, Resonate Church, Pullman, WA
- Brother of Drew Dabbs, our College Minister here at the church. Preston use to work in the college ministry.
- Serving in western Washington. Collegiate church that is in four different states on twelve different college campuses. Work for our network hub. Job is to resource and provide strategy and resources to all our of our different church plants. Preston is the Creative Director which leads their design, photo, and communication team; Sunday gathering team to train leaders. Kristen is the director of small groups. Oversee all the small groups at our church plant sites and create resource and training for them.
- Kristen: Small Group Ministry. Call small groups “villages.” Guy leader and girl leader for each group. Meet weekly to discuss sermon. Hope is that it will be a connective point for believers and an entry point for non-believers. Share a meal. Intentional discussion. Much more to the life of our villages. Much comes out – discipleship groups, outreach during the week. With all the regulations in four different states, making adjustments church by church. Digital ministry. Condensing small groups.
- Preston: Job has changed a ton. All gatherings stopped in March so job shifted to producing and leading Resonate live which is our Sunday morning worship. 60-70% of our church gathering online. Primary focus is leading each week. Trying to meet people online and use new outreach methods. Biggest change. Play worship music weekly for church. Training up others.
- Tim: Giving Tree. Donate and get an ornament. Found you guys. Need snow tires, timing belt, water pump, lift tickets to take non-believers skiing.
- Preston: Been hard to meet people this year. Nothing to do when able to meet. Easy way to convince someone to hang out with us by offering to pay for their lift ticket. Opportune time to have Gospel conversations. Getting creative. Will go towards more than our personal ministry.
- 100% of our salary is through churches and individuals that are a part of our ministry team. If anyone interested, always looking for new partners and people with a heart for college students. resonate.net/give or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resonate works on twelve campuses and looking to send out more teams next year.
- Tim: This Sunday is the last Sunday for the Giving Tree.
- Journey to Bethlehem. Children’s event. Walk through interactive experience. Socially distanced. Register online.
- Christmas Choir and Orchestra Program. Sunday, December 13. 9:00 and 10:45 AM. Please coach your guests through our seating set up. Will be streamed line at 9:00 AM.
- Leroy Puckett, recovering from neck surgery.
- Sue Ball, sister of Brenda Castleberry and Dixie Williamson, in hospital.
- Personal. Been asking God to speak to me. Hear from the Lord.
- Psalm 139: 13 – 18.
- We are seen by God. God knows our circumstances and everything around us. Our lives, wherever we are, is part of God’s plan.
- In last year, praying a lot about wanting to hear from God, known by God, seen by God.
- Fun having you on the podcast! Stop by next time you are here.
- We love our family.
Host & Guest
Preston & Kristen Dabbs
Resonate Church, Pullman, WA
Podcast published weekly