Episode 78. Engaging, Encouraging Eric
Not many people know what happens behind the scenes in our media ministry but Eric Busby does! Each week he makes sure things in tech and music ministries are in top notch working order. Join us as we get to know Eric better, get an update on his family, and get a great reminder that we have a God who loves us always and forever.
Guest Spot Highlight | Eric Busby, Music and Media Associate
- Been at MHBC for thirteen years. Not usually in front of the camera. Live behind the camera.
- Married to Laura who works in the Adult Ministry. Two children, Elliott and Avelyn.
- Kids enjoyed last week until it froze solid. Snow was fun. Sat inside where it was warm. No loss of power or water. Good week.
- Before degree in music, studied horticulture. Plan was to get a PH.D. and teach. Switched paths third year of college. Youth minister invited him to go on choir tour. Felt God working in life that week to call him into more of a ministry setting. Swapped to music at Louisiana College. Graduated with more college credits than his Ph.D. Music Professor.
- Came to Clinton in 2008. Met Laura on harmony and married in 2007. Started at MHBC Feb. 2008.
- Family has been doing good during pandemic. In lockdown back in June when Laura was sick, but no one else got sick. Still worked every day with everything being recorded.
- Brenda Castleberry and Dixie Williamson, in the loss of their sister.
- Family and friends of Margie Kelly in her passing
- Ed Bradley, in the passing of his mother.
- Bobby Thornton, in the passing of his mother.
Devotional | Eric Busby
- When Elliott was born we were given a copy of the Jesus Storybook Bible. Recurring reference is the never stopping, never giving up, always and forever love of God.
- Ephesians 2: 1 – 5
- Gabriel comes to Daniel three times and tells him he’s greatly loved. Wouldn’t it be great to hear that ourselves? Exactly what happens in this Ephesians passage because of His great love.
- His great love is never stopping, never giving up, always and forever love.
- Great reminder that we’ve been saved by grace because of the great love of God and His great mercy.
Prayer | Tim Peabody
- Tim: Are you growing any plants at home right now?
Eric: Just in the yard. Gotten into figs. Forty fig plants growing at home right now.
- Tim: You work with your wife every single day. Most couldn’t manage. How do y’all do?
Eric: Works out well for us. One car. Managed for a long time.
- Tim: Unique story. Thanks for sharing.
- We love our family.
Host & Guest
Podcast published weekly